Every year, almost half a million Indians run to specialists and seek operations to treat kidney stones. Kidney stone pain is excruciating to handle. These are small sediments of minerals that are built inside the kidney that become painful to pass out. The discomfort and kidney stone removal can be unbearable and prevent the patient from performing regular activities. The pain is felt in certain parts of the body, and it is intense. Since kidney stone removal is a long-delayed process, the pain lasts for long enough and becomes unbearable. The article is the guide to kidney stone pain management which includes some effortless and standard methods that are used to mitigate the pain associated with kidney stones.
HOW ARE KIDNEY STONES FORMED?
Every organ present in the body has some specific functions, and similarly, the kidney also has some prominent functions. Some essential functions of the kidney include releasing waste and drugs, balancing fluids, secretion of hormones, blood pressure regulation, production of vitamin D, and management of RBCs.
The primary function of the kidney is to release trash from the body. The waste built inside the body contains many substances that are prone to form crystals. These substances are calcium, oxalate, and uric acid. The urine in the kidney prevents the formation of these crystals. Some substances stop crystal formation. When the urine starts lacking these substances, crystals start forming in the kidney.
The factors that lead to kidney stone formation include the following factors-
- Family or personal history
- Certain diets
- Digestive diseases and surgery
- Other medical conditions
- Certain supplements and medications
HOW TO DEAL WITH PAIN?
Kidney stone hurts intensely. It troubles, even more, when it is passed down. Taking painkillers is the only way to reduce your pain. But by using these remedies, the process of passing the stone becomes faster and that can reduce the intensity of pain. And, the earlier the stone releases, the shorter the period of pain will be. The remedies that can help in kidney stone pain relief at home–
- Hydration – Water intake will help you to release the stone faster. Drinking 12 glasses than recommended eight glasses of water will help in a faster release of stone. Kidney stores have higher chances to form again; therefore, even after clearing the stones, continue drinking twelve glasses of water for a while.
- Lemon Juice – Adding citrate keeps the stones from accumulating further. More giant stones are challenging to pass; hence not building up a large rock will help in the easy and less painful crossing of stones.
- Basil juice – Acetic acid present in basil breaks the kidney stones and helps in passing them out. The breakage also ensures a painless passing.
- Apple Cider Vinegar – Apple cider vinegar dissolves larger accumulated stones. Kidney stone pain relief and prevention from the future occurrence of stones.
- Celery Juice – The toxins elements that are responsible for stone formation are flushed away by celery juice. In this way, the stone is prevented from forming. It also increases urination which results in the passage of stones.
- Pomegranate Juice – Pomegranate juice is an excellent fruit for a healthy kidney performance. It flushed out the wastes and stones in them. It has an abundance of antioxidants and prevents the buildup of kidney stones.
- Kidney Bean Broth – This broth helps in proper kidney functions and urine activity function. It flushes out the stone and clears the kidney. It also prevents stone formation in the future.
- Wheatgrass juice – This juice is packed with minerals and has several health benefits. With other advantages, it also helps in promoting kidney health and increases urination. Increased urination flushes out the stones faster and facilitates a less painful process.
OTHER SYMPTOMS OF KIDNEY STONE?
It is essential to diagnose kidney stones as early as possible. The more you ignore it, the bigger the stone will get. Larger stones become challenging to pass, and worse conditions can lead to surgery. To prevent that, keep in mind the following symptoms that can be an indication of kidney stones-
- A pink, red, or brown colour urination is an indication of kidney stone.
- A foul smell in urine.
- Increase in urination frequency. A constant urge of urination.
- Nausea and vomiting
- Fever and feeling cold
- Another obvious symptom is back pain. Kidney stone back pain can be very intense and feels sharper than usual back pains.
Remedy for kidney stone pain works for dissolving the stones and stopping them from the formation of stones again. The passing of stones causes pain. Larger stones are more difficult to pass, and dissolving them or breaking them into smaller stores decreases the pain. Working on the kidney stone in the initial stage is better as with time, the stone starts building up and becomes more significant. Kidney stone pain can be unbearable and passing it down is the only option. Working towards kidney stone pain needs patience. It also requires consistent efforts. So, use these remedies to reveal the pain and work towards the prevention of stone formation.